Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Anniversary Card

Hello, everyone!  I know you haven't heard from me in a few days, but my kids have been on spring break and I have been spending some time with them.  My parents have their 40th wedding anniversary at the end of this month and have made a card for them and I am going to share it with you today.   I have used a sketch provided by Cuttlebug Mania and a card from the Muse Challenge for inspiration.  I used the stripes in a horizontal strip and in my flowers from the Muse Challenge for inspiration.  I did not use the blue/green color combination however.
I used the Sizzix Holiday Elegance embossing folder to emboss the cream portion of the card.  I also used my Cuttlebug to cut the flowers and greenery from Tim Holtz dies, the label die (Jaded Blossom die and sentiment) that my sentiment is stamped on and the center circle that is cut with My Favorite Things Circle Stax die.   I tried to use some patterned papers that had ruby or red shades (the traditional gift for a 40th wedding anniversary is Ruby).  I think my parents will love this card.  

I hope you have enjoyed this card and thanks for stopping by.  If you like what you see, please consider becoming a follower.  Please be sure to stop by the following links, I am submitting this card into these challenges:
Cuttlebug Mania Sketch Challenge
Muse Challenge #9
Pin and Tack Anything Goes Challenge #7
One Stop Craft Challenge #220
Thanks again.  See you soon!

 Margaret

8 comments:

  1. Love your card!! Love the details!!

    Congratulations with your parents!!

    Thank you for joining us at Cuttlebug Mania!

    Cuttlebugs & hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty card! Love all the patterns and textures. :)

    Lauren
    http://landersoncraftydesigns.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty card. I'm sure your parents will love it. Thank you for joining in at Cuttlebug Mania this week x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is so pretty! I love your take on the Sketch, and how you have the 'doily' peeking out from behind the flowers. Thanks for joining the Sketch Challenge at Cuttlebug Mania.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet card! Love how you have combined a good number of different elements and how they hold together perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's such a pretty card, I love how you put it all together. I envy you your ability to put together several different elements, it's not a talent I've developed.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment or question for me. Thanks so much!