Monday, March 4, 2013

Birthday Card with some Bling

Hello!  Hope everyone had a great weekend.  Today I am posting a birthday card that I have made.  I have made this card for my grandmother's birthday.
I used the Forever Young Cricut cartridge to cut the flowers.  The blue frame and shadowed matting were cut from the Elegant Edges Cricut cartridge.  The greenery was cut from the Storybook Cricut cartridge.  I used my i-Rock tool to add the bling in the frame.  The tag die and stamp were from My Creative Time.  I  placed buttons in the center of each flower.   I stamped the interior of the card with a simple sentiment of "Have a Happy Birthday!"  I am submitting this card into: Connie Can Crop Monthly Challenge #8 Happy Birthday and Critter Sketch Challenge #154.  Please take some time to see the wonderful creations at Critter Challenge Blog.

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you liked the card.


Margaret

4 comments:

  1. Hi Margaret! This card is so pretty! I am loving the blingy swirls! Thanks for entering my challenge at Connie Can Crop!
    Scrappy hugs,
    Connie
    http://conniecancrop.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you are really coming along with your card making Margaret. This is really pretty, I know your grandma will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Margaret, The stitching on my card I did on my sewing machine with a zig zag stitch. I put a bit of glue on the paper to hold it down, just in the middle so the glue would not get on the needle. Other than that it was very easy and so much fun. I practiced on some scrap paper...this card in real life is so awesome, as you know the camera never shows us the true picture. Do check out jenn nichols blog that I have highlighted on my blog as she has an awesome scrap book page with stitching on it. Thanks for asking...hope you have a chance to try it out, i am going to use my sewing machine more often, as I just love the look. Sorry couldn't find your email address, mine is cathrynseguin@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card. Thanks for joining at Critter Sketch: Challenge #154
    Hugs
    Dewi

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment or question for me. Thanks so much!