Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Cardz TV Stamps DT Challenge #22

 Hello!  How are you doing today? I have been busy with my oldest two kids 4H journals and then I was sick yesterday.  I am posting my entry into the Baby New Year Challenge.  My son's teacher is expecting a baby and up until last Thursday, the sex was unknown.  I had been making this yellow and teal card for her little bundle of joy, but she found out it was a girl.  I will for sure be making another card for her with all the girly frills.  I finished up this card and have put it in my stash.  The card and envelope is cut from MCT dies and I made a gift card holder for a special gift for the mother.  I wanted to give her something special.  Here is the card and envelope for the baby's gift, I am going to let Steven (my son) choose that gift.
The flower on the outside of the card are cut from the  Forever Young cartridge.  I stamped a Jaded Blossom candy sentiment on the flower center.  I placed three teal studs on the ribbon.  The mattings on the inside of the card were cut fromt he Storybook cartridge and I used the New Arrival cartridge to cut out the cute little feet.  The sentiments on the inside of the card are from My Pink Stamper.  I tried to add a little dimension to this card by embossing the  top fold (the white section), you really can't see this in the picture.  The  envelope was embossed (with Polka Dots) as well and you really can't see that either.  I used a flower cut from Forever Young cartridge and used another Jaded Blossom candy stamp on a brad I created.
I wanted to get something for his teacher as well and I made this coordinating card for her.  I will probably get her a gift card to her favorite restuarant, so that she and her husband can have a night out once the little angle is here.  I think she will appreciate that.  So here is her card. 
I hope you enjoyed these cards.  Thanks for stopping by.
 
Margaret
 
 

1 comment:

  1. So nice of you to think of the mom in this situation and give her and her hubby a night out. As a mom yourself, you will truly understand how much this night will mean to them. Both are beautiful cards!!!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment or question for me. Thanks so much!