Friday, January 18, 2013

FCCB Challenge #144--It's a Man's World

Hello!  Today I am posting a card for the FCCB challenge.  I actually made two cards but I would like to submit the first card in this post.  The first card is a shaped card.  I made it as an anniversary card for my husband, this is actually the second card I made.  I used the Campin' Critter cartridge to make this card.  The card is one of the features on the cartridge and then I cut the sign and all the layers.  I also cut two fish from Camp Out.   I left one of the fish as it was and the other I trimmed the fins and head off and then embossed it, to give it a little dimension.  I inked the edges of the fish and the embossing to make it pop.  I also added a line in the fish's mouth to show it "hooked".  The entire sign is placed over the base layer of the card on foam dots, that helped with the text on the bottom of this layer.
The picture above shows some more of the details.  I placed some cream burlap below the top layer.  I let some of the frayed burlap hang out below the layer and then I layered some thin red ribbon above for some added dimension.  I love the way this card turned out.  I have not stamped a sentiment in the card, I think I will just write my own in the card.
 
The first card I made is a masculine Valentine's card.  I had intended to submit is but something was missing I am just not sure what though.  I used the same Campin' Critter cartridge to make the sign.   
I distressed the edges of of the sign and popped it up over a some masculine papers.  I added some frayed burlap to add a little texture and then added three little buttoms.  I stamped "TOGETHER" inside the card.  I think my husband will love this card.  I really enjoyed this challenge.  I ended up making two cards that weren't what you would think of as traditional for Valentine's or Anniversary.
 
I hope you enjoy this.  Thanks for stopping by.
 
Margaret

4 comments:

  1. This is so super cute! What a neat card! Love the twine in the mouth...genius!!

    Thanks for joining us this week at FCCB!

    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok...I had typed almost word for word your first comment! Good think I read it first. I love your card and the twine is the perfect accent for your catch of the day!! Thanks for joining us at FCCB this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cards, I really like those images! And the burlap is a great touch!! Thanks for joining us at FCCB this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great cards! I love the color scheme!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment or question for me. Thanks so much!