Saturday, January 19, 2013

The Cuttlebug Spot Challenge--Round and Round it Goes

Hello!  I am posting a card for the Cuttlebug Spot Round and Round it Goes challenge.  I was trying to come up with something creative  for a card to give my daughter and son's basketball coaches and this gave me the perfect inspiration.  When I talked to my kids about making a card from their coaches, they weren't too excited.  They changed their minds after they saw the two cards I made.  I created a card that looks like a basketball. 
I used the Sports Mania cartridge to create the card and the basketball cuts.  The top layer of the basketball was embossed in the Polka Dot folder and I inked the edges and some of the embossing with dark ink.  I also created a rosette from a set of My Creative Time dies.  The #1 was from a set of Technique Tuesday stamps.  The sentiment was from another set of Technique Tuesday stamps.
Thanks for stopping by and I hope you enjoyed this card.
 
Margaret
 
 

6 comments:

  1. Oh Margaret, I love this card, my boys were huge basketball fans when they were growing up, and still as men they play in fantasy leagues. They would just love this idea, you did a fabulous job! Cathryn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your football card. Thank you for joining in at the Cuttlebug Spot this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab idea and no wonder your kids were impressed! The inking really makes the texture pop. Hope the coaches were thrilled.

    Thanks for playing along at The Cuttlebug Spot. Hope you'll join us again soon.

    Rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  4. P.S. You have word verification turned on. I didn't know I had mine on until someone told me a while back, so just wanted to let you know in case you want to turn it off. If you need any help turning it off, just let me know.

    Rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it!! Great idea to emboss it to look like basketball bumps. Thanks for joining the Circles Challenge at The Cuttlebug Spot.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card, love that its a masculine card !! Thanks for joining us at The Cuttlebug Spot !!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment or question for me. Thanks so much!