Friday, January 4, 2013

Hello!  Today I am posting a box that I have decorated to submit in the Fantabulous Cricut Organizing Challenge.   I am a couponer and I needed a way to store and organize coupons.  I had bought a photo storage box at Michaels a few months ago and I decided to use this for storing coupons.  I pasted paper on the box and  I am going to Modge Podge the box later and add a few embellishments to the front of the box.

Inside the box I made the tabbed cards from chipboard using the "From My Kitchen" cricut cartridge.  I used that same cartridge to cut the tabs.  I covered the cards for dividing my sections with coordinating papers also.  Below you can see the cards.

This has came in handy already. I still have a few more dividers to cut and cover, but it is coming together nicely.
     I also was inspired to transform a composition notebook.  I covered it with some papers and added some embellishments.
 

 
I cut the labels from the Elegant Edges cartridge.  The flowers were cut from the Forever Young cartridge and the greenery was cut from Storybook and Flower Shoppe cartridges.



 
 
Above is a close up of the label and flowers.  I embossed the navy label matting for a little dimension.  I also added some pearls to the lace to add some more dimension.
 


 
 
This turned out great and I still have a few more items I would like to add, such as a ribbon for bookmarkings and a coordinating ribbon on the spine.  I like this so much I will probably make a few for kids to use as 4 H journals.
     I got a little more organizing, when my husband put up some shelves for my scrapbooking items to be stored on.  I have gotten a lot of my stuff organized and I am able to find it when I need it.  Thanks for taking a look at my projects.
 
Margaret Peppers

3 comments:

  1. This is great! It's useful and so stylish! I totally need one of these!! Love it!

    Thanks so much for joining us this week at FCCB!!

    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great projects, I love what you did with both of them !! Thanks for
    Joining us this week at FCCB !!!
    Brianna

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love both your projects. Great organization! I'm a couponer too so I completely understand the need for a huge box, while others might think we're crazy. TFS on the FCCB!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment or question for me. Thanks so much!