Sunday, January 27, 2013

The Cuttlebug Spot Challenge-It's hip to be square


Hi!  Today I am posting my entry into the Cuttlebug Spot Tuesday Challenge.  I created a two page scrapbook layout for my youngest son, who is just starting to walk!  I am not sure who is more excited about walked, him or his siblings.  He just lights up as he steps. 
I used my Cricut to cut out the title(B is for Boy cartridge), baby with diaper(New Arrival cartidge) , blocks(Plantin School cartridge) and the footprints(New Arrival cartridge).   On the first page I used MCT dies to cute the tag, that I have embossed with a cute little sentiment. and the journaling area.  I embossed the baby's diaper with an embossing folder that gives the appearance of square quilting.   I also used a wood grain embossing folder to do a letterpress technique that makes some of the blocks look wooden.  I have a close up of the numbered blocks farther down.
I have more photo mattings on the page with journaling areas again.  The numbers for the blocks were cut from Harmony dies.  I used some more MCT dies to cute the circle and rosette.  I need to straighten up some of my photo mattings on the layout, but it really turned out cute.
 
The picture above shows the wood grain detail I described previously.  I  think that technique added a lot to these blocks.  I had so much fun with the this.  I hope you enjoyed this and thanks for stopping by.
 
Margaret
 

5 comments:

  1. Ooh this is fab, Margaret. I think your little baby is so cute and a great idea to emboss his diaper, or nappy as we would say in the UK! The blocks are just the right shape for this layout.

    Thanks for playing along at The Cuttlebug Spot this week. Hope to see you back again soon.

    Rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such an adorable layout !! I love your little letter blocks !! I remember when my peanut started walking I got so stinking excited, now he is almost 2 where did the time go !? I guess it's almost time for number 2 :) Thanks for joining us this week at The Cuttlebug Spot!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great layout, I love the faux letterpress technique it makes the blocks look like real wood. Thanks for joining the Square Challenge at The Cuttlebug Spot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely layout, so cute. Thank you for joining in at the Cuttlebug Spot this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This layout is adorable, Margaret. I found you blog from MCT. Your projects are fantastic. I am a new follower :-)

    Linda ☺
    Crafting With Nana

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment or question for me. Thanks so much!