Sunday, January 6, 2013

Scrappy Moms Stamps: Terrific Tuesday Challenge

Hello!  Today I am submitting my entry into the Tic-Tac-Toe challenge.  I looked at all the inspiring projects on the blog and I found the "secret phrase", Baby New Year.  I actually completed two projects, a two page scrapbook layout and a card; but I am submitting the two page layout. 

 
This is the first page.  I used die cuts for the snowman's banner, the journaling cards, the snowman, and all the picture mats on both sheets.  The picture mats are cut from the Cricut "Elegant Edges" cartridge.  Below are some details of the first page.  There is also glitter on part of the title. 


I used several different paper patterns, some are monochromatic.  On the second page I have mattings fore three pictures and there is a sentiment at the bottom of the page.  I used glitter on two of the small sentiments that are on the mattings.
 

 
The smaller sentiments are from My Creative Time and the large sentiment at the bottom left had corner is My Pink Stamper (can be seen close up below).  I embossed my tree to add some dimension.  You can't really tell from this picture above but there is some red glitter on the small, Let it Snow, sentiment.  I really enjoyed this challenge, I tried using a few things that I normally avoid.  I used the top row:  snowflake, patterned paper, and glitter.
 

     I was so inspired a made a shaped card.  I liked it so much I made two.  One to use now and one to put in my stash for later.
 
 
 
I embossed the "Nice to SNOW ya!" on my ribbon.  I would normally not try this but it worked out so well.  I just love it!  I stamped "Thanks snow much" inside the card to finish it up. Both of the sentiments on this card are from My Pink Stamper.  

Well, I hope you enjoyed my projects.  I had so much fun.!  Thanks for stopping by.
 
Margaret Peppers

5 comments:

  1. Love this card, want to try and make one soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, beautiful job on your layouts! You skate shaped card is adorable! Congrats on your spotlight at FCCB too! It was fun reading more about you and hope to be back to see more of your amazing creations!
    Happy Monday!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you used the elegant edges cart for your photo mats! Congrats on your spotlight on FCCB!! I'm a new follower!
    Jaren
    purpleparadisecreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute layout! Thank you for joining us at Scrappy Moms Stamps! :)

    - Mel

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment or question for me. Thanks so much!