Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Jaded Blossom Challenge: Anything but a Card

Hello!  Today I am posting my entry into the Jaded Blossom Challenge.  I decide to make a two page layout.  Every year we feed Santa's reindeer and I usually get pictures of all the kids and my husband tossing out the feed.  This year was a little different, my husband got a few pictures of me helping the kids feed the reindeer.  Having six kids, only 5 of the understanding what is going on though, you understand that there was a LOT of feed tossed out.  I am not sure how the reindeer took off after eating my kids' offering and there were a lot of left overs.  Christmas morning we had a gorgeous array of birds snacking on these left overs. 

I started with two sheets of coordinating paper, I think they were Recollection brand from Michaels that I picked up a couple of years ago.  I cut my title, mattings and reindeer crossing sign with my Cricut ( I will put more details below). 
 The next picture below has the title.  I cut "WE" from the Pooh fonts cartridge, "believe" was from the Gypsy Wanderings and the Reindeer crossing sign was made from a sign on Campin' Critter cartridge and a deer from Joys of the Season cartridge.  I used a dies and stamps from My Creative time to create the year piece and all the journaling areas.  
Page two has three mattings and a jar filled with reindeer food, below.  The jar was from the Spread the Love set , Jaded Blossom .  I stamped the jar twice once on white paper and the second time on craft paper.  I embossed dots on the craft paper, to look like bird seed, and then spread glitter glue over the craft paper.  I made a flag with a sentiment from the same set, but I changed Love to Magic, sorry I had to use a My Pink Stamper for that.  I created a brad with "I believe" from the Christmas candies.  I didn't get it centered up perfectly but it fits just right on the "i-Topper" 22 mm brad.  The picture of this detail is below second page of the layout.   
 
Well, I hope you enjoyed this layout.   See you again soon and thanks for stopping by.
 
Margaret 

12 comments:

  1. Cute! Thanks for playing along in the challenge.

    Jamie
    Jaded Blossom DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a Great LO. Thanks for playing along Jaded Blossom's Anything but a Card Challenge.

    Kate
    Jaded Blossom DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice layout! Thank so much for joining us over at Jaded Blossom!
    ~Candace
    JB Owner

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is tooo cute ! love the sparkley deer , and how you used the jar in the layout !!! awesome job !!! Thanks so much for joining in the Jaded Blossom challenge this month !!!

    Michelle ~ JB Owner

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome...really nice! Thanks for being part of the Jaded Blossom Challenge!

    Julie
    Cricut Chick

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute layout! Thanks for joining the Jaded Blossom challenge this month.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very creative layout! Love the reindeer!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These pages are darling, I love the deer and trees and how you have placed every thing out together! You really have a great way of putting shapes and colors together. I look forward to seeing what comes next!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute layout! Love the deer... Thanks for joining the Jaded Blossom monthly challenge

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great idea using the jar stamp! Very creative!! Thank you for joining the Jaded Blossom Challenge! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great two page LO. Love the jar. Thank you so much for joining us this month for the Jaded Blossom Challenge.
    Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is absolutely FABULOUS! Love the story about the layout! Thanks for joining in the Jaded Blossom challenge this month :)

    Jenny ~ Jaded Blossom DT

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment or question for me. Thanks so much!