Thursday, January 17, 2013

Paper Playtime & Pause Dream Enjoy Challenges #1

Hello again!  I am posting a two page layout to PPT and PDE and I apologize upfront for all the photos, this was a very detailed layout.  For the PPT challenge my pets were birds and for the PDE challenge I tied ribbons to my photo mattings.  Just a little background information for the layout....On Christmas night, we had approximately 5" inches of snow and the next morning I fed birds (and took quite a few pictures) with some fresh feed and they ate the leftover reindeer food (from the night before).  There was one little bird that stayed at my feet, within 1 ft, and I sat there and took pictures for over an hour, while my kids were warming up with hot cocoa.
I stamped my title on some vellum that was cut using the Elegant Edges cartridge on my cricut, close up below.    I loved the way the vellum added a little dimension to the layout.  The photo mattings were also cut from the Elegant Edges and I tied ribbon at the bottom of each matting.  I used bird die cuts from K& Co for the birds.  I don't think that any I cut out would have looked as nice as those.  I added some studs to the photo mattings with my i-Rock tool. 
 
On the second page of the layout, I continued with the photo mattings and I added some flowers that I cut from the Flower Shoppe cartridge.  I shaped and inked the edges of the flowers to add some dimension.  I cut greenery from the Storybook and Flower Shoppe cartridges and they were inked also to add some dimension.  I cut a sign from the Campin Critter cartridge also, I think that I could have left that off , but I decided that after it was placed.  I used vellum again for a sentiment. 
I hope you enjoyed this.  Thanks for taking a look.
 
Margaret
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Super Cute!
    Thanks for playing along with Pause Dream Enjoy Challenges and Paper Play Time Challenges!
    <3 Pam, PDE DT

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment or question for me. Thanks so much!